Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Geek Speak, Heavy weights, and the french toast open

The zerch off was a big success in every aspect of the manner. I mean after all, I won and was treated to a few plates of stuffed french toast at iHOP (I can break the rules, I won damnit!).

I wish I had the video of it, and I'll be called a liar forever if I don't come up with it, but it was a 75lb safety bar and 6 plates on each side--go ahead, do the math ;)

My arms are tore to shit, and that I do have a picture of!

I probably only did about 5-7 heavy lifts total and my back was fried. Which brings me to my next point-lift heavy. IF you aren't, you will not get big. I don't care how much volume squared or sets cubed you do, 15lb weights aren't changing your body.

Now the geek speak...I'll keep it short & sweet.


There's the argument of lifting for speed, but if you look at the force velocity curve you still need substantial loading to get some power! If you use bodyweight only the velocity is too fast to generate enough force and consequently any power. (see that wasn't bad)

It's great for cutting and getting your heart rate up, but in most cases (drugs aside) the biggest people CAN lift much more.

--
Ryan
e: info@patrickperformancetraining.

Send in your ?'s, I've gotten a few and looking for more about any and everything

P.S.
I got my first massage, and a word to the wise: If a large woman tells you about some special "vibration" technique and ends up just smacking your ass over and over for a good 30 seconds it's probably not anything real. Funny thing is only my butt got this "special technique"...hmmmm....

No comments: